This is a cut down version of my public profile used on sites like LinkedIn.
Currently working as a x86 Technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a major european financial services company. Specialising in virtualisation (VMware) as well as a strong background in Linux (Red Hat) and end user computing. Particular areas of interest and expertise include the full range of VMware technologies including automation, workflows as well as Software Defined Data Centres. Previous projects have included work around architecting automated private cloud solutions (vCloud Automation Centre/vRealize Automation) as well as infrastructure design work supporting DevOps communities. Strong communication and presentation skills, in combination with the ability to break complex technologies down into understandable elements have been invaluable when advising senior stakeholders.
Previous roles have included working for a leading defence contractor performing a wider range of roles from systems administrator through to solution architect, mechanical designer and customer pre-sales engineer. This range of roles has helped develop a great deal of flexibility as well as demonstrating an ability rapidly pick up new technology and working practises.
- Master of Engineering (MEng), Electronic Engineering with Digital Media Systems, 2:1
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
- VMware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- VMware vCloud Automation Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.0]
- Red Hat
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) – 100% in Exam
- Apple Certified Associate – Mac Integration 10.9
- Certified SolidWorks Associate
- SolidWorks Essentials
- SolidWorks Advanced Part Modelling
- SolidWorks Advanced Assembly Modelling
- SolidWorks Surface Modelling
- SolidWorks Sheet Metal
- SolidWorks Weldments
- SolidWorks Mould Design
- SolidWorks PhotoView 360
- SolidWorks Pipe Routing
- SolidWorks Electrical Routing
- SolidWorks Simulation
- SolidWorks Motion